Sunday, October 4, 2009

Marathon Training...Easier Said Than Done....


Whew, I'm knee deep in it.

I started out my run on Friday evening (I started doing my long runs Friday after work for a few weeks) thinking that I really don't want to do a marathon. That...I dunno, what am I thinking? I ended up having a great run, all things considering, as unwell as I have felt lately, but I just am not committed to doing a 26 mile run.

Part of what's going on in my head is that I am so insanely busy and overwhelmed with life these days. I feel like I am spinning my wheels and not really getting anywhere. Tired doesn't begin to describe how I feel lately....full time mom, full time work, PTA, Sports, yadda yadda. It's all come heading at me full steam ahead.

Once upon a time I ran to lose weight and get healthy.
Then I ran because I loved it.
Now I run because I have to.
I want to go back one step.

I want to love it again.

I wanted to run today, in a big way. I had that jittery feeling in me and the weather was calling out to me. But it was a scheduled day off and so I didn't. I hope that tomorrow, a scheduled day to run, I have the longing. I hope that it is fun. That I want to do it. That it is not simply a scheduled "have to" run.

Before the run....

After the run....
10K....an easy week....