Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

I have so many things to be thankful for this year! This is what I will focus on today, all of my many many blessings!

I have strong, healthy children who challenge me mentally and physically on a daily basis. I am so thankful for their health and well being!

Isla is the piece to this puzzle that I didn't even realize was missing. She completes us. I am so thankful that I get to wake up to the most beautiful baby smiles and laughs.

I am thankful that I still have my youth. Sure, some days I feel old, but I am still a long way til 40.

I am thankful for my parents and how they raised me. As many mistakes as we can make as parents and as challenging as it is, I hope I can instill the same sense of strong values and morals in my children as I have. Empathy, Compassion, and a knowledge of what is right and what is wrong.

I am thankful for my friends that got me running and keep me running. Literally. Marcy who taught me how to do a distance run and held my hand so that I would run through my entire pregnancy. Amanda who kicks my ass on a weekly basis.

I am thankful that I have an able body that is capable of running at least 26.2 miles. Without this gift, I'd be in a padded room.

I am thankful for my Brother. Who can make me laugh like no one else. And who gave me a Sister. A sister that has jumped into the craziness that is our family and has provided to be the best aunt my children could EVER have!

I am thankful for my generous and giving community.

I am thankful for my sweet friends who remind me to smile and have taught me the value of a hug.

I am thankful for my PTA Team.

I am thankful for my education and at the same time am thankful I dropped out 10 years ago. Had I not, I'd never realize my true passion and calling in the CBT field.

I am thankful for my dogs. Who love me and cover me with kisses no matter how often I yell at them, forget to feed them, or put them to bed with dirty sheets.

I am thankful for Vodka.