Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Day For Girls


After a long week, ending in the acquisition of Strep in one of my girls, I was treated to a tour of New York State wine country.  It was a dreary, rainy day.  Not good for much else other than TV watching and wine sipping.  My dad offered to be the driver while I sample some of the fabulous and delicious wines of the Finger Lakes.  Perhaps I am biased, but NYS has damn good wine.  If you've not had a chance to tour NYS Wine Country, it's a trip I highly recommend.  Come prepared to buy.  Lots.

The first place we hit up was the market that supplies fresh fruit and vegetables, along with some Finger Lakes exclusive edibles, like Grape Pie, Grape Bars, and Fudge Bars.  After purchasing the necessary pie for Holden, we headed down to one of the newer wineries.

I was a little concerned when Dad pulled up to the purple and pink building, but the back drop was to die for.  Am I in California?
I was able to do a wine tasting and sampled 6 types of wine.  The girls sampled fresh, organic grape juice.  It's a shame that none were good and I left empty handed.


All in all, a delightful, fun, and delicious day was had.