Monday, July 28, 2008

Make A Difference Monday

So while I was doing my evening Blog Hopping, I came across This Blog.

I love the blog because she's hysterical and the slight Gosling obsession is fun, because, we all have some sort of male celebrity love (Hi, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, I love you). But she has come up with this great idea called: Make a Difference Monday. She further inspires us by linking to 52 Ways to Make a Difference Every Monday. A lot of these things we have already done as a family, like Adopt a Pet (times 10...ugh...), Write a Letter To A Military Hero (or send him a box full of chocolate chip cookies), and Change Your Light Bulbs. And all of that stuff is, don't get me wrong, wonderful, but I am in search of a deeper meaning and purpose to my time on earth and my time as a Mother. I think that for me to make a difference in the world, I need to make a difference in my own house, with my own kids.

There are some things that I want to work on over the next year, and I think Monday will be a good day to examine our focus on these goals and assess our progress. I'm going to spend the next week thinking about what I want to do, and will post on Monday.