Sunday, August 24, 2008

And I have the blisters to prove it...

Yesterday I broke past another wall. I actually finished a 9 mile run.

I had never ever run that far before and my body certainly could tell.

I woke up in the morning thinking "What the hell am I getting into?"

But I got into the groove quite quickly. I LOVE LOVE LOVE where we run on Saturday mornings. There are SO many people out there, of all shapes and sizes, and abilities, it makes you really feel comfortable and motivated.

By mile 6 I was really getting sore. My hip was screaming at me. But I just told myself "heck, just gotta run a 5 k now! That's no big deal!"

At 7 miles I almost peed my pants. And now I believe the whole "marathoners pee on themselves when they run" myth. By mile 8.6 I really almost lost my bladder and wanted to walk for fear of smelling like a sewer when I got back with the group. But....awesome Marcy dragged me into the finish line.

Anyway, I am quite tired today, but feel very proud of myself. 3 1/2 more mile to go and that half marathon is OWNED.