Sunday, November 23, 2008

Whole Lot

Two weeks ago I broke through another wall.

I ran over 12 miles. That was quite exciting and I now truly feel that anything is possible.

Sure, I had a terrible 2 mile run this week, but when I decided to go out on a long run this Saturday, doing 7.8 miles was no big deal at all. It's so exciting to me...someone who has struggled with Asthma and not being in good shape for 10+ years.

The bad news is that I won't be able to do the Half Marathon I had planned on doing in December. It filled up before I was able to register. While I was absolutely devastated (just ask Scott, I locked myself in my room and cried all night) my chiropractor was relieved. Apparently my back is still not healing as much as he would have liked it to. Perhaps it's the fact that I took 3 months off from chiropractic care and have been running greater miles?

Anyway, case and point...Anything is possible, people. Just don't give up. Ever.