Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Streeeeakin!

We are on a roll here!

Today is the 11th straight day that we've logged at least 2 miles!  It's a pretty exciting thing for me, considering how many injuries I've come off of in 2011.  The biggest take away I have is that "I need to run."  Getting outside in the fresh air and kicking my own butt for at least 25 minutes has really helped me be more focused and zen. 

The down side is that I'm going to blow through shoes in no time flat. 

That's alright, it's a small price to pay, right?

My running isn't really something of my own doing.  I've got three different groups of people that are in different stages of the Couch to 5K program that I'm running with.  It's a really cool experience for me because I get to spread my love of running, and get in some extra road time.  It's a win win.

Yesterday I got an e-mail from a friend, "Would you help me start it?" and within 20 minutes we were changed, in the car, and ready to go.

 Have BOB, will Travel!

While Isla wasn't thrilled about all this jogger time initially, she's quickly adapted.   Now will walk up to BOB (he's parked in the house, I love him too much to keep him in the garage) and say "Go Mommy, Go!"  I think she's a nature girl.

Yup, she's gonna be a runner.
I think Isla has spent too much time hanging with her injured running mom.  I still keep my broken toe/foot taped during runs.  Last night she informed me that she had "boo boos!" and needed Mom's tape on her feet, too. 

Here's to an awesome week of running!