Monday, September 23, 2013

Go Ride a Bike...Let's do a Duathlon

There are times that I'm convinced that everything happens for a reason, and the whole darn thing comes together in the end.  When you have a crappy day, or a crappy morning, maybe the news you got turns into the push you needed to try something new....

Such as....the morning my Ortho told me to "take up cycling and swimming..." turned into the afternoon in which I received a phone call asking me to help promote an upcoming duathlon and participate as an ambassador for our company.   Irony, right?

A few more phone calls, some networking, and I'm at the cycle shop, getting fitted for my bike!  I don't even know how to ride a bike!  (I mean, I know how to ride a bike, but not, like really ride, for a substantial amount of miles!)
Thanks to Sun and Ski Sports in Frisco, I've got a bike to train on and participate in for this upcoming Duathlon and I feel ready!  I was shaking like a leaf when I went in to see Jorge at the store.  I know nothing about cycling, aside from sit and pedal.  The concept of getting fitted to a bike was completely new to me.  So I was incredibly thankful that Jorge took so much time to help me understand these things and get me on a bike that's perfect!



I took the bike out for my first distance ride yesterday, and got in an easy 6 miles.  It was so much fun!  I really liked cycling.  It was a great workout, both for my heart and my legs.  But without the pounding.  Now, waking up this morning...I'm sore in places I didn't know existed, so that will be a new experience, but I'm super excited that I've got this new sport to try.  Looking forward to joining the multisport world....