Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sidelined: AGAIN

Okay, so in all honesty I had finally made a real commitment to going back to the road. I'd started back running more regularly. It sucked, because it's so flipping hot, but whatever, I did it.

At about 7 p.m. the other night Holden asked for a Slurpee. Okay, in all fairness, his dad had taken Widget out for a Slurpee and somehow came back without one. Well, hello motivation! "Sure, get on your bike! You ride, I run". And we had a nice little jaunt to and fro 7-11.

I thought, "HOW COOL! We could do this all summer long! I bribe: the kids get Slurpees, and I get a run out of the deal!". I was so excited, because this was about to be our nightly routine.

Then....I went to the chiropractor.

Who said.

No more running for at least 10 days.

My back just ain't healing the way it should. Because I didn't take enough time off. So...no gardening, heavy lifting (tell that to my 6 year old...okay?!), or...RUNNING for at least 7 days. Sucky.

I'm starting to feel like a 90 year old lady who just keeps falling apart. One piece at a time.