Monday, October 6, 2008

Well, that was a really dumb idea...

So I've had this problem with my toe for, oh, like a few years.

I wasn't 100% sure what it was but when I went to the doctor LAST summer, I was informed that it was not an alien growing in my toe but it was a Plantar's Wart. I was somewhat surprised since the thing had eyes, and a pulse.

Because of it's size and location it began to cause a problem when I was running. It's in the crevice of my toe, and has grown to be the same size as the toe. So, it was a problem. But, because I'm a busy lady, I never made time to go in and get it taken care of. Until, last week, on my 8 1/2 mile run, it felt like my toe was going to come off. That afternoon I made arrangements to get the Alien Amputated.

Yea. 2 weeks before a major run. Smaaaaaaaaaaaaaart.

I seriously thought that getting it removed wouldn't be that big of a deal. But. I was wrong. It huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurt! And it's just been hurting ever since Friday.

I have my fingers crossed that over the next few days it will just wither on up and get better. I've been told that if I don't go out and do a 9 mile long run this Saturday I may get beaten up by a friend. So....TOE get better...and...lesson learned....PLAN BETTER!