Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My Kid's Naps Are Measured in Miles, Not Minutes...

Last night I realized, "Oh Shit, I have a half marathon in a month." 

And of course, I haven't obsessively trained for it.  Aside from the crappy (dangerous to run int) weather, I've had a full plate dealing with the fall out from the flood and school work.  Yea, I've been slack-a-lackin'.  As luck would have it, though, the weather took a turn this week, inviting me back outside.

After a morning of crawling and climbing, practicing walking, signing and dancing, Isla was ready for her morning nap.  So I handed her over to BOB and we were off.  Had the best run that I've had since December!  It felt GREAT!!!!!!!

Isla took a 3 mile long nap and is, much to my delight, still blissfully asleep.  It amazes me, still, how much she loves to be outside and on a run.  I might say that being in the BOB with Bubba the turtle is one of her favorite places to be. 

 What a difference a few weeks makes!  Above is Isla on today's run.  In a short sleeve t and robeez.  It was a warm, beautiful day for a run.  It felt good to actually SWEAT.
Below is Isla "Before the Ice Storms of 2011".  Can you even SEE her in there? 

My knee is pissed at me for taking such time off.  Not sure what I'm going to do to get this effer healed up.

Definitely won't PR at this next half, but it'll be fun, and it's for a good cause.