Thursday, July 7, 2011

Days like today...

Should be multiplied.  By one hundred. 

I woke up to a beautiful baby in my bed, having brought back a flower for me from her morning Grandpa Hike.  While she proceeded to eat the flower, it was still a really great way to wake up.  After sharing a breakfast of spinach and eggs, we played hard.  Games like Peek a Boo and "Tie the Dog to the Leash".  Hard play tires a baby out quickly, and so it was nap time.  As Isla napped, I decided to check out the water.  Since yesterday was a little choppy, wasn't sure if I'd be able to make it out on the boat. 



The sun was shining and the water looked calm...
 

 Upon further inspection, it was deemed that this was a must paddle sort of day.  Sore shoulder or not...

I paddled for an hour.  The sense of calm on the lake as there was no wind today was amazing.  Feeling relaxed, and having the sun shining upon me left me feeling serene.