Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Shiny Happy Sneakers

Confession.

I've been breaking my own #1 runner's rule for a little while now.


I've been running in....old shoes.  I know.  I know.  Spank me now.  Actually you don't have to, because my tired, sore, achy, miserable shin has been screaming at me for days.  It's amazing how badly you can feel after logging too many miles on a pair of shoes. I know I've run at least 2 half marathons in those bad boys. 

So imagine my delight when I got home from a crazy day of PTA, Gymboree, Running at the Gym, and Kiddo Dentist, opened up a box from Amazon and eyed my new friends...a shiny NEW pair of Brooks Ghost 3.

 This is the first time I've ordered sneakers on line.  Not only did I save a little money, but the ease of not having to drive to the running store to place my order, wait for them to receive it (my shoes are special order...cuz I'm special) then drive back to pick them up. 

Coming home to running shoes on the front porch?!  SCORE.  I plan to take them out for a nice spin later today!

On a completely unrelated note....

This is what we woke to this morning.  Took my breath away.