Monday, July 13, 2009

6 a.m. is still hotter than it should be

I think I deserve a sticker.

Here it is, my summer vacation, first day of it back home, off vacation, up to my eyeballs in laundry, and I managed to get my ass out of bed by 5:55 and be running by 6:10 a.m.
I am a painfully lazy mama in the summer time. My kids like to sleep in. I like to sleep in. I tried making excuses for my self last night, but, my body was just to psyched up.

It was still way hotter than I would have liked it. I got really used to running in the 65 degrees back in NY. This 90 morning was a little brutal. I think I am just resigning myself to this: it will take my body a good few weeks to get used to running in this heat. It's okay, relax and let it go.

Today I was able to do a pretty strong 2 miles but then just felt exhausted. In the past I would have canned it and headed home. Instead, I walked for a good 10 minutes, caught my breath, stretched out, and then ran another mile.

Alright, off to set my alarm clock to 5:45 for tomorrow a.m. Hopefully I can gradually transition to a 5:00 wake up to long run on Saturday!