Saturday, July 11, 2009

Welcome to Fat City, Now GET OUT

I went on vacation, which, apparently means I must gain weight.

Being "home" for three weeks and being totally off schedule has not helped my efforts to drop 40. In all honesty, I've been on a downward spiral since the Spring.

At least I haven't stopped running. Hate to think of all the pudge I'd pack on if I had taken a break from that.

So...I'm back. I'm done. I'm ready to go.

Less than 6 months til Disney.

Oh yea, did I forget to mention that...I'm officially signed up to run my first marathon. Disney's Marathon Weekend. Look out. The Amandas are coming!

My Best Friend, Amanda, who I ran the Disney Princess Half with, will be torturing, I mean, running this race with me (well, she'll probably be several hours ahead of be). I am extremely nervous. Having panic attacks about it. But...I know in my heart that this is something I can do.

I think that training for this will require a whole new lifestyle. A type of discipline that I've never had before. I've never really "scheduled" my runs. And now, in order to keep my mileage adding up safely, I'll need to do just that. In this heat. Yikes!