Sunday, December 5, 2010

1/2

Race Day

Midnite: I finally fall asleep.
Well, I gather it was around midnite...since I was sleeping I guess we'll never know

2:30 a.m. and 5 a.m. Feed the baby...
This was so much easier a year ago....

5:15 a.m. The alarm clock blares.
Why in the hell am I doing this...again? It's time for a NEW hobby!

5:30 a.m. Isla smiles at me as I'm getting my gear on....this is why...!

7:00 a.m. Arrive at the course. Nurse the baby. Head to the start.
It is really really really really cold here.

7:30 a.m. Discover that the porta potty line is about a mile long.
Why the hell am I doing this...again? It's time for a NEW hobby.

7:55 a.m. Meet the girls at our corral for the start

8:00 a.m. The line starts moving forward, gradually

8:45 a.m. And we're OFF (like a herd of turtles)

Mile 3: I remember why I do this...it's fun! Especially with your BFF.
Mile 4-5: The man in the blue shirt entertains us as we purposefully run behind him....
Mile 6: Posing for photos with Santa. Why not?
Mile 7: I am missing my baby...BIG time.
Mile 9: Why didn't I bring my inahler?
Mile 10: I've never felt these muscles before. Why are they so...spasmy?
Why the hell am I doing this...again? It's time for a NEW hobby.
Mile 11: Was that my knee that just went pop?
Mile 12: Running with the fast marathoners...if that doesn't inspire me, what will?
Mile 12.9: I see my BABIES!!!!!!!
Mile 13: Um. Where's the finish?
Mile 13.1: Shouldn't we technically be done?
Mile 13.22: DooooooooooNE!

And yea, it's all about the bling.....