Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Forest Through the Trees...

Figures...just as my "off time" is up and I'm ready to head out for a nice long run, the weather hast taken a turn for the worse. According to the weatherman (and do they ever get it right...?!) it'll be a balmy 20 degrees when we wake up tomorrow. If I took Isla out for a run in that she'd come home a popcicle. So we'll stay in and pray that it warms up through the day.

But in the meantime, a week without running has provided me with a new perspective again.

The Friday before my half I quite running. I said, "Fuck it...what's the point..." I wasn't loving it. It was just another thing on my to-do list. But a funny thing happened when I went to pick up my packet at the expo. I was recruited to run two more halfs. I guess since I really wanted to do the Disney full and got fucked out of that deal, two halfs will have to work.

Where as I'm used to just running for me...running away from crazy and towards serenity....I now get the opportunity to run for something bigger. I'll be running for Komen. I'm pretty psyched to do this, as I've never done this before and with all our family ties to cancer and breast cancer, it'll feel good to do contribute in positive light. So I'll train hard. And I'll focus. I'll train for those who can't. I'll break my PR in March. A new perspective...