Thursday, May 26, 2011

Sew it back together neatly, Please

The visit with the sweetest orthoped in Dallas was...well...I'm not sure if you can call it a success or not, really?  When you hear the words, "I am shocked to see YOU sitting here because your scans do not look like a 30(yes, I am keeping that 0 there forever) year old woman..." you begin to get a bit nervous.  But as it turns out, my shoulder has aged twice as fast as the rest of my body and is now a piece of hamburger meat.  I have an "old man" shoulder.   Go me. 

So while yes, I do indeed need to have it nipped and tucked quite a bit, he has promised me that it shall not fuck up my marathon training and if all goes well I shall be able to tie my own running shoes and hit the trails by August 1.  Yahoo.

In order to get this bad boy fixed and put away so I can get on with my summer, I'll be sliced and diced rather quickly.  In fact, I spent a day at the hospital being treated to EKGs, X-Rays, and blood work already.  It was truly a fun filled and entertaining day.  Next step is my preop appointment and cutting this bad boy open. 
Not really.  First I have to get done two weeks worth of school work, grocery shop for two weeks, clean and laundry for two weeks, and in between, have panic attacks at the fact that I will be out of commission for a little bit.  Ahh, the joys of being The Mom.