Tuesday, June 14, 2011

It's SUMMER!

I freakin' love summer vacation.  I might love it more than the kids.  I love being able to sleep in (oh wait...I have Isla now...).  But what I do love is the sense of freedom.  No homework!  No schedules!  No having to be at school at 7:15 a.m.!  No PTA meetings!  No conferences!  No homework!  Oh wait, said that one twice.  
While summer here in Texas sucks because it really is too hot to run for my crappy lungs.  There are so many other fun things to do that it just doesn't phase me.

Summer vacation is my favorite time of year.  Summer vacation is all about....

  

 swimming with friends, all day and all night!

Popsicles on the patio...

 

Lazy evenings on the patio, sipping wine and tossing Mayflies his way... 

 
RITA'S!!!  The ice, not the Collectible Store...
Fresh, home grown, organic tomatoes!  
(I'm excited to finally have my raised bed garden this year, where the tomatoes, lavendar, squash, cilantro, and parsley flourish!)

Learning how to walk...