Thursday, July 28, 2011

Reason number 720 that I love my Shoulder Surgeon...

(8 days post surgery)

Rehab began easily enough this morning.  As easy as anything is at 7:30 a.m. on a day when I could have slept in.  Going through my exercises was notably easier than it had been over the weekend.  My only complaint was that there seems to still be some significant swelling at the top of my shoulder.  Because I had gained so much strength and flexibility, my PT decided to up the ante and see what we could do.  Let's just say that by the end of my 90 minute session, I had gained a serious sense of disdain towards the man.  He rocked my world.  And not in a good way.  I still hate PT. 

But my frown was turned upside down when I visited the surgeon for suture removal this afternoon.  A few rips and tears later, I was officially released to "try whatever doesn't hurt or make my hand numb". 

He told me I'll have a new leash on life really quickly because "young girls like you really recover from this surgery quickly.  You'll be golden in 4-6 weeks"

I love that guy.